Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wednesday trade - DRYS


After 3 months of watching breakouts fizzle, I became very quick to take profits. Wednesday morning was very choppy so I was in quick profit taking mode. I saw that DRYS was slowing at 65.5, and my 3R target was 65.4. The one thing I failed to recognize was the Head & Shoulders pattern in the indexes. So instead of 7R I got 2.2R. Now that the volume has returned to the market I will have to be slower to take profits, and expect stocks to run a little further. I still haven't come up with a formal exit strategy, but I have several ideas in mind.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what happened to the other one?

Rick said...

Can you be more specific?

Tyler said...

Rick,

I like your blog. Very informative. I just started posting my trades also. Not really expecting people to look at it, but more of a trading journal for myself.

I really like you style of trading and I see you look at Jamie's blog, too.

Keep up the great work. I look forward to seeing some more trades from you.

Thanks,
Tyler

Rick said...

Thanks, you're my first official commenter! I've learned a lot from Trader Jamie. I'll be checking out your blog.