Saturday, April 26, 2008

Friday trade - UAUA


This was my most profitable single trade so far. I'm not bragging, but not all trades work out this well so you have to celebrate the ones that do go according to plan. I got in at 14.95 on the break of the NR7 bar. All the other airlines were going down at this time so it looked like the only thing holding UAUA up was the psychological support at the even number 15. The pivot point was above my entry, all the moving averages were downsloping and evenly spaced, the overall market was going down at the time, oil was setting new highs, the 5 period SMA was pushing this stock down, basically everything lined up. My past exits have been too quick so I was consciously letting this one go a bit longer than usual. I covered at 14.278 when the S&P was hitting 1380 after a big spike down, the other airline stocks were printing hammers, and there was a volume spike on the 5 minute charts a little earlier in UAUA. So this was a nice 4R trade.

Another thing I liked about this trade was my psychology. I was very calm throughout this trade. Sometimes I get a surge of adrenaline when I cover, but I didn't even experience that this time. I think the more confident you are in a trade, the less fear and anxiety you experience. You get adrenaline rushes when you're in danger. So if you get a surge of adrenaline before a trade, maybe that is your subconscious telling you you're about to do something risky.

No comments: