Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday trade - AMAT

I traded this as a speculative double bottom. If you buy at a strong support level that is likely to hold, then the worst case is you break even (in theory). Trader Stewie often makes these trades in choppy conditions. AMAT has strong support at 8.5 on the daily chart. This stock tends to move in fifty cent increments. After 25 minutes of AMAT barely moving, I exited at break even. I'm trying to be quicker to fold a trade that isn't working right away. The TICK never broke 100 and it seemed like many traders took a half day. I also didn't like how it wasn't moving in conjunction with USO. It's a bit tricky right now trying to buy support and sell resistance since the levels in the indexes aren't clear yet. I was assuming that 6500 on the Dow would serve as psychological support to some degree. Fortunately we didn't close at the low of the day in the S&P: 666.

Setup: 75

No comments: