Thursday, March 27, 2008

First Post!

How exciting, my first post in this medium they call blogging! I've been reading other traders blogs for the last year and they have been a great help in my own development, so I've decided to give back something to the community (or more likely steal all your good ideas). I'm not sure if I will post every single trade I make, comment on the overall market using technical analysis, focus on the psychology or what. After all, this is my first post, so I promise nothing. I only ask that you wipe your shoes on the mat on the way out. The two biggest influences in my style of trading are Trader Mike and Trader Jamie. I learned the importance of position sizing and expectancy from Trader Mike and entries and exits from Trader Jamie. Jamie really has a knack for choosing good exits. Before trading I was a Network Administrator. It was a pretty cushy job--I think a lot of people think I'm crazy for quitting, but it just wasn't challenging any more. For those who think trading is the easy life, think again. Showing up to a 9 to 5 job and getting paid to sit in your cubicle whether or not you are on the top of your game each day is the easy path. I am working on improving my consistency, but with trading your income is not guaranteed and there are markets in which it will be difficult to make money, that is the life of a trader and one has to accept that.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Get daily suggestions and methods for generating $1,000s per day ONLINE for FREE.
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT